The Master Within
As rebellious two year olds, we were compelled to explore the world around us and shouted “NO” to anyone who tried to stop us. As rebellious teenagers, we hungered to assert our independence and resisted all well-meaning advice to the contrary. As domesticated adults, we have surrendered to the forces around us. We have lost our way, but it’s not too late to connect to the Master within.
Here are a few simple practices that will reverse the process and lead you back to the part of you who knows no master:
- Reassert your independence. Each day choose one thing you want and give it to yourself. Don’t ask anyone for permission. Have no regrets. Do not entertain any second thoughts.
- Explore your world. Begin right where you are and look at it with fresh eyes. Look at it with the eyes of a two year old. Now venture outward. You don’t need anyone’s permission. Just do it.
- Believe in yourself. Remember a time when you achieved something special. You were amazing and you felt like you could do anything you set your mind to. Choose to feel that again.
- Think for yourself. Everyone has a genius inside of them, especially you. Connect with it. Embrace it. Use it. Listen to your intuition.
- Take ownership of your life. Right now, stop blaming your parents, spouse, government, aliens, etc. for your problems. This is your life. Own it.
- Stay out of other people’s business. Tend to your own life and allow others to tend to theirs.
You are the Master of your own life. Start living it now and by all means, enjoy yourself!